Buy a selected grill and get a free pizza stone! (worth up to £111.99)
- Burger Press
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the beans, coriander, shallot, garlic, chilli powder, oregano, 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and pulse 15–20 times to form a thick, slightly chunky paste. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg and egg white until blended. Add the eggs and panko to the large bowl and combine thoroughly. The mixture should be quite thick
- Using the burger press, form four compact patties of equal size, each about 1.5 cm/¾ inch thick. Cover and refrigerate the patties for 1–4 hours.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (200–260°C/400–500°F) and preheat a griddle.
- Brush the patties on both sides with oil and season evenly with salt and pepper. Place the patties on the griddle and cook over direct medium-high heat for 6–8 minutes, with the lid closed, until browned and warm throughout, carefully turning once.Brush the patties on both sides with oil and season evenly with salt and pepper. Place the patties on the griddle and cook over medium-high heat for 6–8 minutes, with the lid closed, until browned and warm throughout, carefully turning once.
- During the last 30–60 seconds of grilling time, place a slice of cheese on each patty to melt, and toast the buns on the cooking grates, cut side down, over direct heat.
- Build each burger on a bun with mayonnaise, a lettuce leaf, a patty and avocado slices. Serve warm.
In the kitchen:
At the barbecue:
All of our recipes are created by our expert chefs at the Weber Grill Academy. View more inspirational recipes or book a course at the Grill Academy now.
What do you need?
What do you need?