Buy a selected grill and get a free pizza stone! (worth up to £111.99)
A tasty vegetarian burger with tzatziki
In the kitchen:
- Wash the aubergines and cut into slices 1 cm thick. Wash the lettuce and coriander, peel the onion and slice.
- Now make the curry marinade. Combine the oil, curry powder and lime juice. Peel the cloves of garlic, crush and add to the marinade.
- Brush the slices of aubergine with a generous coating of curry marinade on both sides and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the Greek yoghurt for the tzatziki in a bowl. Wash the cucumber, grate coarsely and squeeze out the excess liquid. Stir the cucumber into the yoghurt. Peel the garlic, crush and add together with salt and pepper.
At the barbecue:
- Prepare the barbecue for direct heat, approx. 220°C. If using a charcoal barbecue, you will need just under half a chimney starter of lit briquettes.
- Cook the slices of aubergine over direct heat for about 3-4 minutes on each side until they have nice grill marks.
- Split the burger buns and drizzle a little oil on the cut side. Toast them lightly over direct heat until they have nice grill marks too.
- Assemble the burgers with lettuce on the bottom, then tzatziki, two slices of barbecued aubergine, onion rings and fresh coriander.
All of our recipes are created by our expert chefs at the Weber Grill Academy. View more inspirational recipes or book a course at the Grill Academy now.