Buy a selected grill and get a free pizza stone! (worth up to £111.99)
If you’re looking for a tasty vegetarian alternative to Christmas turkey, try this delicious nut roast!
- Throw in the beetroot and boil for 30 mins until tender if stabbed with a knife. Drain well and allow to cool.
- Melt a knob of butter in a pan, add onions and sage and gently cook until soft. Then tip into a large mixing bowl. Chop the chestnuts into small bits, and add these to the bowl with the onions and repeat with the pistachios.
- Add the breadcrumbs, nutmeg, beaten egg, parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper then mix well.
- Tip the cranberries and sugar into a pan and simmer for about 10 mins over a high heat. The sugar will melt and cranberries will bleed in to the mixture forming a sticky jam. Allow to cool a little before adding to the nut mixture.
- Grease a loaf tin or summit drip tray. Line with a long strip of baking parchment that covers the bottom and two ends of the tray.
- Remove the skin then slice the beetroots into rounds about a cm thick. (Top tip: when peeling beetroot wear rubber gloves. This will prevent your hands from being coloured by the beetroot) Line the bottom of your loaf tin.
- Roast in the barbecue for 35 minutes or until the mixture has firmed up and a good dark crust has formed on top.
- Slice thickly and serve with all the trimmings.
All of our recipes are created by our expert chefs at the Weber Grill Academy. View more inspirational recipes or book a course at the Grill Academy now.