Great as a side dish to accompany a barbecue feast, or as a starter in it’s own right.
This recipe uses a Weber Gourmet BBQ System Pizza Stone to create an authentic taste.
- First make the dough. Put the flour, salt, olive oil, yeast and water into a large bowl and mix with your hands to bind together. When the dough has formed, tip out and knead for 5 minutes.
- Return the dough to a greased bowl and allow to prove for 1 hour.
- Knock back and shape into two large balls, and leave to prove for a further 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the garlic butter by mixing together the butter, garlic and parsley.
- Roll the two balls out into two circles. Spread over the garlic butter and sprinkle with cheese.
- Pizza Garlic Bread – bake on the pizza stone for 10 minutes over a direct medium heat.