Bonfire night is the perfect occasion to stay outdoors, so fire up your Weber and try this northern delicacy!
- Pre-heat your barbecue for 160◦c of in-direct heat and place a large foil drip tray upside down over the area of in-direct heat.
- Lightly butter a large Weber foil drip tray and line with baking parchment.
- Sieve the flour, salt, cinnamon and ginger into a large bowl and add the oatmeal.
- In a pan melt the butter, treacle and sugar.
- Add the buttery treacle mix to the dry ingredients and begin to combine with a wooden spoon.
- Add one egg at a time, mixing between eggs then add the milk for a luxurious and thick batter.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tray and place the tray on top of the pre-heated upturned tray over the area of in-direct heat.
- Bake for 1.5 hours, or until a metal skewer is clean when drawn from the centre of the cake
Be careful you do not over bake the Parkin. It keeps and freezes really well.