Buy a selected grill and get a free pizza stone! (worth up to £111.99)
- Let the sultanas soak in the rum for at least 30 minutes.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl with the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Melt the unsalted butter and in another bowl beat this and the brown sugar until combined well, and mix in the egg. Mash the bananas and add.
- Chop the walnuts coarsely. Stir in the walnuts, rum soaked sultanas and vanilla extract using a wooden spoon.
- Add the flour mixture, a third at a time, whisking constantly.
- Scrape into a loaf tin lined with greaseproof paper.
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect heat – approx. 180°C
- Place the pizza stone on the grate and let it preheat. Put the tin on it and bake the banana bread for 25-30 minutes or until firm on top.
- When a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean - it’s done. Leave in the tin on a rack to cool.
- Remove from the tin and cut it into six slices.
- Preheat the griddle for 10 minutes. Add a knob of butter to melt. Grill the banana bread slices for 2 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with caster sugar and serve with ice cream.
In the Kitchen:
At the Barbecue:
All of our recipes are created by our expert chefs at the Weber Grill Academy. View more inspirational recipes or book a course at the Grill Academy now.