Double Stuffed Sweet Potatoes With Smoked Cheddar And Maple
A twist on the traditional sweet potatoes, and one that is sure to become a crowd favorite during the holidays. These are so easy to make, but packed full of flavor! For best results, pick sweet potatoes that are thicker and not so long, these will be much easier to fill and bake.
The best part is, these can be made ahead and chilled. Then, all you have to do is put them on the grill to bake (although cooking time may increase a few minutes). Happy grilling!
Double Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Smoked Cheddar and Maple
By Matt Jost
Serves: 6 people
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
3 sweet potatoes, about 1 lb each
¼ cup sour cream
1 cup smoked cheddar, shredded
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons chives, minced
¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
3/4 cup smoked cheddar, shredded
1 tablespoons chives, minced
1. Prepare the grill for direct, medium heat grilling (about 400F).
2. Wrap the sweet potatoes in foil and bake them for about 35 minutes.
3. Once the potatoes have cooked, remove and allow to cool at room temperature for 20 minutes.
4. Once the sweet potatoes have cooled, slice them in half lengthwise, through the middle.
5. Carefully scoop the insides into a mixing bowl and add the sour cream, shredded cheddar, maple syrup, cinnamon and chives. Make sure to leave ¼” of potato in the shell so it has some structure.
6. Shape the foil into small ovals a little larger than the size of the potato and place each sweet potato shell into the center of each ring.
7. Fill each potato with 1 ½ cup of the smoked cheddar potato mix.
8. Top each potato with 2 tablespoon of the shredded smoked cheddar. (At this point, these can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator, well wrapped.)
9. Place the potatoes with the foil rings on the grill set for indirect, high heat grilling (about 450-500F). Bake with the lid closed for about 25 minutes.
10. Top each potato with some minced chives and serve hot.
Keep the coals hot!
Get more holiday inspiration here! Share your #25DaysofGrilling memories with us!