Every great barbeque involves grilling. Burgers, brats, hotdogs, chicken and vegetables are always getting thrown on the grill. Everyone loves these BBQ classics, but a new one to add to the mix is a fruit salad! For a change of pace next barbeque, why don’t you throw your audience a curveball and bring a grilled fruit salad!
What you need:
Your favorite fruits - Pick whatever fruits you are in the mood for! The grill is a great way to enhance the flavor of the fruit by itself or add it to another dish!
Let’s get started!
- First preheat your grill for 10-15 minutes and then brush the grates clean.
- Prep whatever fruit you choose (rinse and peel/slice if necessary).
- Set the grill temperature between 350-450F.
- Place fruit on the grill or in grill basket. Large slices can go directly on the grill, but small fruits like blueberries or raspberries will need to be placed in your grill basket.
- Grill fruit for about 6-8 minutes. The larger fruits may need an extra few minutes in order to really caramelize the fruit. You can get the guide here.
- Remove and serve!
Grilled fruit always takes a dish to the next level! Here are some other ideas on how to add the flavor of grilled fruit to a meal:
- Vanilla ice cream topped with grilled strawberries & blueberries
- Grilled banana chocolate shake
- Grilled sangria
- Grilled Pineapple salsa
- Grilled Strawberry chicken salad