For all you grilled chicken lovers out there just learning how to get your best BBQ on, here are some easy tips to help you get started!
Ingredients for the Perfect Grilled Chicken Breasts:
1-3 medium/large sized chicken breasts (depending on how many people you are serving).
Any sort of simple marinade:
How to Grill Chicken:
1. Preheat the grill on high for 10-15 minutes, then use your grill brush to scrape any previous remnants off your grates.
2. Marinate the fully thawed chicken breasts. A clean and easy way to marinate the chicken is to place it in a large plastic zip top bag, add your marinade and make sure your entire chicken breast is covered. In this particular instance, I used olive oil and added a few fresh basil leaves.
3. Here's how long to grill chicken on a gas grill. Once you have preheated your grill for 10-15 minutes, prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat at 425-450°F and get your iGrill probes inserted into the chicken.
4. Place marinated chicken breasts on grill over direct medium heat.
5. Wondering how long to grill chicken breast? Grill for about 9-10 minutes. Flip the chicken breasts at the halfway point. I normally like to grill my chicken for about 10 minutes, flipping them at the halfway point in order to have beautiful sear marks on each side of the chicken.
6. Check the internal temperature of the chicken using a cooking thermometer or iGrill. Once the internal temp is 165°F, remove from grill and let cool.
7. Find the grilled chicken a buddy, like pasta or some veggies, and serve them up together with a cold brew or two for a delicious meal!
Quick Tips for Grilling Chicken Breasts:
How long do I grill chicken breast?
Grill chicken breasts for around 9 to 10 minutes total, flipping halfway through.
How long do you grill chicken on each side?
Grill chicken breasts around 5 minutes on each side.
What's the perfect grilled chicken temp?
Internal temperature of chicken breasts should be 165°F.
How hot should your grill be for chicken?
Heat your grill to between 425 and 450°F for chicken breasts.