Shrimp On The Grill – Easy, Fast And Delicious
If you are looking for a weeknight, quick and easy meal or just a different, tasty grilled meal, shrimp is the answer for you. If you haven’t tried shrimp on the grill yet, it is a definite must.
Few Steps to Grilled Shrimp:
1. For the best possible results, buy fresh shrimp on the day that you plan to grill them. Shrimp thaw quickly and can go bad even more quickly. Make sure that you buy either jumbo or colossal sized shrimp for easier grilling.
2. Shrimp can be grilled with or without their shells. I like to peel the shrimp prior to grilling. Remove all of the shell except for the part that is around the tail of the shrimp. Removing the shell will allow the marinade to penetrate the meat and give the shrimp more taste.
3. Devein the shrimp by using a small, sharp knife to cut down the back of each peeled shrimp. Pull out the back vein while washing the shrimp under cold water. The vein is noticeable in jumbo or colossal shrimp.
4. Give the shrimp flavor in the marinade of your choice. My favorite is just a simple brush of olive oil on the shrimp with some salt, pepper and squeeze of lemon.
6. Now it is time to grill the shrimp. Preheat your grill to 350-450F and set it up for direct cooking. Grill the shrimp over direct, medium heat for 5-7 minutes, turning the shrimp halfway through the process. The outside of the shrimp should turn a nice pink color when it is cooked while the meat inside should be white and opaque. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp or else it will become tough.
Take the shrimp off the grill and it is time to enjoy!