"Elevate” Your Wings To Another Level
Want to “elevate” your wings to another level? I have the perfect recipe for that!
Every year Weber continues to come out with new and innovative products that not only make grilling fun but also “elevate” your grilling skills. Check out how to prepare wings using our Elevations Cooking System with 4 of the expansion racks.
I absolutely love this system because it allows me to grill more wings, is easy to use, and the results are out of this world. So if you enjoy wings and want to "elevate" your BBQ game, this is a must have.
Here are some simple tips for wing excellence:
- Set your grill up for indirect medium heat (350-450F).
For an added smokey flavor, use some hickory, apple, or cherry wood chips.
- Season wings with a light coating of olive oil, salt and pepper (save the buffalo sauce or teriyaki sauce wash until the end).
- Place the wings flat on the top rack on the Elevations system (wings can fall through the grate system so laying them flat is the best approach). Using the Elevations system, I was able to do 75-80 (4-5 lbs) average sized wings.
- If you are also grilling drumlets, place them on the bottom rack (meat side up).
- Roast the wings at 375-400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until crisp.
- Take the wings off and let the drumlets continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until skin is crisp.
- Wash the wings in your favorite wing sauce (see my recipe below).
Here is the sauce recipe I use. If you want to add for some extra heat add 2-3 tsp of hot sauce (tabasco or habanero sauce).
Buffalo Wing Sauce
1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Making the sauce is easy. First melt butter and then combine with all the other ingredients.
I hope you get to try this amazing cooking system, which not only works for killer wings, but also skewers, meatballs, oysters, stuffed mushrooms, and much more. “Elevate” your grilling skills and take your favorite grilled creations to another level!!