“Delightful for a dinner party with close friends, our seared tuna recipe served with its herby, zesty sauce is minimum effort but provides maximum taste.” Henry Herbert.
In the kitchen:
- Place three layers of paper towel on a food tray. Place the steaks on it and cover with more paper. Let them absorb all the liquid from the steaks.
- Set aside at room temperature for 20 minutes. Prepare the sauce in the meantime.
- Peel the clove of garlic.
- Put all the sauce ingredients in a food processor and blend for 2 minutes at high speed.
- Taste and season.
At the barbecue:
- Prepare the barbecue for direct heat – approx. 200 °C.
- Place the griddle on the barbecue and let it preheat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the paper from the steaks, brush with olive oil and then place them on the griddle.
- Grill the tuna steaks for 4-6 minutes turning only once to ensure a crisp crust.
- When the steaks appear brown and crispy on the surface, remove them from the barbecue.
- Serve the tuna steaks with the sauce on top.