Buy a selected grill and get a free pizza stone! (worth up to £111.99)
- GBS Pizza Stone
- Beat the egg whites in a large clean bowl using a stand mixer or hand beater.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar to the egg whites beating the whole time.
- Once all the sugar is incorporated beat for a further 5 minutes.
- Next, add the lemon juice and beat for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Your final egg white mixture should be thick and glossy.
- Line a GBS pizza stone with baking paper.
- Scoop the meringue into a large mound in the center of the pizza stone.
- Shape the meringue into a round shape on the stone and spread out lightly with a spatula.
- Using the spatula around the outside of the meringue to bring the side walls up.
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect heat, approx. 120°C. If using a 57cm charcoal barbecue, you will need 1/3rd chimney starter of lit Weber briquettes.
- Place the pizza stone into the preheated barbecue and Bake for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Close all the vents on the to turn off the barbecue and leave the meringue in the grill with the lid closed to completely cool. This step is very important.
- Remove the meringue from the barbecue once it is cool.
- Turn up the grill and sear the apricots halves until they have nice dark sear bar makes.
In the kitchen
At the barbecue
All of our recipes are created by our expert chefs at the Weber Grill Academy. View more inspirational recipes or book a course at the Grill Academy now.