Grilled Avocado With Salmon Salad
Having grown up in Mexico, one of my favorite childhood memories is picking avocados from the trees in my backyard. Throughout the years, I’ve experimented with grilling this versatile superfood. In this recipe, grilled avocado halves act as a unique, nutritious cup for grilled salmon salad. It's a practical and delicious dish for BBQ parties and gatherings, providing a healthy option full of smoky flavor and creaminess! Check out the recipe below or click on over to the video to see this recipe in action.
Grilled Avocado with Salmon Salad
Serves: 6 to 8
Prep time: 15 minutes
Grilling time: 6 to 8 minutes
Grilled salmon (you can grill it anyway you like, here are some tips)
Juice of 2 limes
2 tablespoons cilantro or flat leaf parsley
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons raw honey
2 tablespoons mayonaise
2 tablespoons siracha
1. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium/high heat (as close to 450°F as possible).
2. Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit and slice the mangos. Brush the avocados with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill both over direct medium/high heat, with the lid closed, for 2 minutes, turning once. Remove from the grill.
3. Flake the cooled, grilled salmon. At the same time, make the dressing by combining the ingredients. Add the flaked salmon to the dressing and mix.
4. Use a spoon to make the hole in the avocado where the pit was larger.
5. Dice the grilled mango slices. Add to the salmon dressing. Add a splash of lime juice, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Scoop the salmon salad into the avocados. Garnish with cilantro or parsley. Add a splash of lime juice. ENJOY!