Order Dad his very own Master-Touch Grill by 6/8 to receive by Father’s Day. Build Now!
- large disposable foil pan
- instant-read thermometer
Take Your Grilling Anywhere
FIRE UP YOUR GRILL
- Prepare the grill for indirect cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- Remove and discard the tough stems from the mushrooms and then generously brush the caps with oil. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the mushrooms over direct heat, with the lid closed, until barely tender, 6 to 7 minutes, turning once or twice. Remove from the grill and, when cool enough to handle, cut the mushrooms into ¼-inch pieces.
- In a medium bowl mix the bread crumbs and milk, and let stand for 5 minutes. In a large bowl combine the meat loaf ingredients, including the mushrooms and soaked bread crumbs. Using your hands, mix the ingredients thoroughly but do not overwork. Form into a loaf about 9 inches long and 5 inches wide. Place the loaf in the middle of a large disposable foil pan. Grill over indirect medium heat, with the lid closed, for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes of grilling time, brush the barbecue sauce over the top and sides of the meat loaf and continue to grill over indirect medium heat, with the lid closed, until the internal temperature reaches 160°F, 40 to 45 minutes more. Remove from the grill and let rest 10 to 15 minutes. Once removed from the grill, the meat loaf will continue to cook, reaching the recommended 165°F for ground beef. Cut into slices and serve warm.
let's Gear up
let's Gear up