Why is My Igniter Not Working?
Are you having a hard time getting your grill to light with your grill’s electronic ignition system? There are a few things to check before you consider getting a replacement igniter kit. Most of the time, it’s a quick and easy fix!
- Does the grill light manually with a lighter or a match? This will let you know if you are having a gas flow or an igniter issue. If so, we can focus on strictly the ignition system. If not, please reach out to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 800-446-1071 for assistance.
- Please click here to learn more about lighting your grill manually.
- Did you replace the battery and try inserting it both ways? While checking the battery make sure to clean out the ignition module the battery goes in with something like a Q-tip if needed.
- Are all of your igniter wires connected? We recommend disconnecting and reconnecting all igniter wires to ensure no loose connections.
- Do you hear any clicking when you press the igniter button? If not and you’ve replaced the battery, the module may have failed. For help with a replacement module please email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 800-446-1071.
- Are your burner tubes clean near the igniter electrodes where the spark is created? If they are dirty, lighting them with the ignition system may become difficult. Click here to learn more about how to clean your burner tubes.