There’s An Eggplant In My Caprese
While I tend to grill a wide variety of vegetables, eggplant always seems to pop up on a pretty regular basis.
Eggplant is great sliced and topped with feta, smoked for babaganoush, or grilled on its own. However, there is one recipe I can’t get enough: Grilled Eggplant Caprese Salad.
It is simple, fresh, and certain to please.
Grilled Eggplant Caprese Salad
Serves: 4 (or a very hungry 2!)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
2 fresh tomatoes
½ pound fresh mozzarella
8 large basil leaves
1. Slice the tomatoes, mozzarella, and eggplants into ¼ inch slices.
2. Prep the grill for medium-high direct heat.
3. Generously salt the tomato and eggplant slices and brush with olive oil.
4. Grill the tomato and eggplant slices over direct heat for approximately 3 minutes. Flip and grill an additional 2 minutes.
5. Remove from the grill and make “stacks” with alternating layers of eggplant, tomato, mozzarella, and basil. Serve
For an added kick, drizzle with your favorite vinaigrette. While this is meant to be an appetizer, it can be a meal all by itself.