Whole roasted ocean perch with a fresh avocado salsa.
In the kitchen:
- Clean the fish by scaling with a knife, then rinse under the cold tap.
- Brush the fish with oil, and season inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Wash the lime and cut it into slices. Put slices of lime inside the fish.
- Place the fish in the fish turner and click shut.
- Wash the tomatoes. Dice the avocados and tomatoes.
- Peel the onion and finely chop it. Cut the spring onions into fine strips, finely chop the chilli and coarsely chop the coriander.
- Mix all the ingredients together into a salsa.
- Add lemon juice and a little oil to the salsa, then season with salt and pepper, and serve with the fish.
At the barbecue:
- Half fill the chimney starter with Weber briquettes, light them and prepare the barbecue for indirect heat - approx. 240-250°C.
- Place the fish turner on the barbecue and cook the fish for approx. 15 min on each side until the core temperature is 60°C.
Tip: You can also check whether the fish is ready by lifting the flesh a little at the thickest point to see if the bones are white. If they are, the fish is ready.