These large smoked mushrooms are stuffed with cream cheese, pancetta and red pepper, perfect as a starter served with a simple salad.
Smoked using Weber Firespice Wood Planks.
- Blacken the pepper, either over a chimney starter or directly on the flavourizer bars.
- Place the pepper into a resalable bag and allow to sweat for 10 minutes.
- Place the pancetta on a stainless tray and grill over direct heat for 2 minutes. Remove from the tray and allow to cool.
- Peel the blackened skin off the pepper and chop into small cubes.
- Finely chop the crispy pancetta and in a bowl mix together half of the pancetta, pepper and cream cheese.
- Divide the stuffing between the 6 mushrooms and sprinkle with the remaining pancetta.
- Set up the barbecue for roasting, indirect. Place the mushrooms onto a soaked wood plank and then place in the centre of the cooking grate for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with a garnish of salad leaves on the side.