Great as a side dish with chicken wings!
In the kitchen:
- Peel the lemon and cut into slices. Cover the bottom of a clay pot with the slices. Pour the chicken broth over the lemon slices.
- Rinse the rice with water at least three times, until the water is clear. Drain and pour the rice into the clay pot.
- Cut the butter into cubes and chop the lemon grass and put it all into the clay pot together.
- Put the sun-dried tomatoes into lukewarm water. After ten minutes, drain and slice them.
- Add the peas and sun-dried tomatoes to the clay pot. Stir into the other ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
At the barbecue:
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect heat, approx. 150°C. If using a charcoal barbecue you need approx. half a chimney starter of lit briquettes.
- Cover the clay pot with baking paper.
- Place the clay pot in the middle of the grate and close the lid and let the rice absorb all the liquid. This will take approx. 30 minutes.
- Remove the clay pot from the barbecue and let stand for at least 15 minutes for serving.
- Then serve hot together with different kinds of meat.
Additional equipment: Clay pot