Dish up this mouth-wateringly succulent roast turkey this Christmas.
In the kitchen:
- Prepare the stuffing, by cutting the fruit loaf into approx. 1 cm thick cubes. Beat the eggs then add salt, pepper, nutmeg and sage. Add the sour cream and mix. Stir in the fruit loaf and chestnuts and let the mixture rest for 30 minutes.
- Secure the wings to the body with the string and season the inside and outside with the rub.
- Stuff the turkey with the prepared filling and then securely tie with the string.
- Fix the turkey on the rotisserie and position it onto the barbecue so that the turkey is above the drip pan.
At the barbecue:
- Prepare barbecue for indirect heat, approx. 140°C to 160°C.
- Roast the turkey over indirect heat with the lid closed for approx. 4 hours until a core temperature of 75°C is reached. When the turkey is done, let it rest for 10 minutes.
Tip: To collect the juices and fat, take a drip pan, half fill it with water, and place it either on the Flavorizer™ bars if you have a gas barbecue or on the coal grate for a charcoal barbecue.