Who doesn’t fancy chicken skewers from the barbecue? Give this recipe a with coriander a try.
In the kitchen:
- Cut the chicken into 3 cm cubes.
- Peel the red onions and divide into quarters. Remove the “root” and separate the quarters slightly. Wash the peppers and cut in half. Deseed and cut into 3 cm cubes.
- Assemble the skewers by putting a piece of red onion on the skewer, followed by pepper and then a piece of chicken. Continue until each skewer has 4-5 pieces of chicken on it.
- Wash the coriander and chop finely. Set to one side.
- Make the marinade by mixing the oil with the ginger and garlic.
- Turn the chicken sticks in the marinade and put in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- Season the chicken sticks with salt and pepper.
At the barbecue:
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect heat, approx. 220°C. If using a charcoal barbecue, you will need just under half a chimney starter of lit briquettes.
- Grease the grate with a little oil. Place the chicken skewers on the grate and cook over direct heat for approx. 15 minutes. Turn every 3 minutes. Cook until the core temperature of the chicken is 75°C.
- When the skewers are ready, sprinkle with chopped coriander.
Additional preparation time: 60 minutes