Amazing savoury waffles from you barbecue. This time with spinach and salmon.
In the kitchen:
- Melt the butter over a low heat.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl, and beat gently with a hand mixer. Stir the eggs in one at a time, then add the milk and cream.
- Wash and dry the spinach. Cut the salmon into 1 cm slices.
At the barbecue:
- Prepare the barbecue for direct heat - approx. 185°C. Put the waffle and sandwich iron in the GBS grate and preheat for 5-8 minutes.
- Divide the batter between the four sections, covering the entire surface. Place 4-5 slices of salmon and the spinach in each section and top with another thin layer of batter. Close the iron and bake for 6-8 minutes. Flip the the iron and bake for another 6-8 minutes, or until the waffle is golden on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
Tip: Serve the waffles with diced red onion, roe and dill cream.