This recipe is perfect for the Weber Original Charcoal Pizza Oven, designed to create the perfect pizza in minutes.
Experiment with different toppings after trying this Italian classic.
- First make the dough. Put the flour, salt, olive oil, yeast, sugar and water into a large bowl and mix with your hands and bind together. When the dough has formed, tip out and knead for 10 minutes. Return the dough to a greased bowl, cover and allow to prove for 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- To make the sauce mix together the chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano and sugar.
- Split the dough into five equal balls. Make a dough ball in your hand by tucking all the creases and seams into the underneath of the ball. Roll out a thin base.
- Thinly spread the tomato sauce, leaving a small gap all around the edge for the crust to form. Arrange the rest of the toppings evenly on the pizza leaving the cheese to last.
- Using a dry well-floured pizza paddle firmly scoop up the pizza and shuffle it into the pre-heated pizza oven, cook for 3-4 minutes or until the base is crisp and the cheese is bubbling.
- If using a pizza stone cook for approx. 7 minutes. Garnish with prosciutto and rocket.
Tip: You can freeze unused dough for future use.