Pizza pancetta, zucchine e scamorza affumicata
In the kitchen:
- Knead all the dough ingredients in a food processor. Put the mixture in a glass container, cover with plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place for about an hour.
- After the dough has at least doubled in volume, move it to the work surface and form into balls weighing about 120g.
- Arrange the balls on a baking tray on greaseproof paper and let them rise again in a warm place for 1-4 hours.
- Wash the courgettes and cut them into thin slices, without peeling them.
- Cut the scamorza into slices.
- Shred the pancetta with your fingers or julienne using a sharp knife.
At the barbecue:
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect heat, approx. 220°C. If using a charcoal barbecue, you need half a chimney starter of lit briquettes.
- Flatten a ball of dough on the work surface to form an oval with a regular shape. Bake it shortly on direct heat – just until it gets slightly crispy. Then remove it from the barbecue.
- Now set up the barbecue for indirect heat. Place the pizza stone on the cooking grate and let it preheat for about 15 minutes.
- Season the slightly baked dough with olive oil. Spread the courgette around the oval. Add a few slices of scamorza and some strips of pancetta.
- Place the oval pizza on the hot stone. Close the lid and grill for 16 to 20 minutes, until the edges are crispy.
- Season with some more drops of olive oil and black pepper and decorate with zucchini flowers.
Additional preparation time: 4-5 hours for rising the dough.