Grilled salmon with a fresh herb salad, great for a tasty lunch or light dinner.
In the kitchen:
- Season the salmon steaks with a little salt, sugar and pepper, and leave to stand in the refrigerator for 3 hours before barbecuing. Seasoning the salmon 3 hours before means that the fish absorbs more flavour, as well as being easier to cook.
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator. Drizzle the flesh side with a little oil.
- Wash the herbs, pick the leaves and mix together to make a tasty herb salad.
At the barbecue:
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect heat, approx. 180°C. If using a charcoal barbecue, you will need a third of a chimney starter of lit briquettes.
- Grease the grate with a little bit of oil, then grill the pieces of salmon on the flesh side for 4 minutes. Then turn the fish and put a little honey on top of each piece. Allow the salmon steaks to finish cooking for approx. 5 minutes with the lid on. The salmon is ready when the core temperature reaches 60°C. Serve with the herb salad.
Extra tip: Serve with a delicious crème fraîche dressing made from a good crème fraîche seasoned with fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Additional preparation time: 180 minutes