Create your own waffles at the barbecue with our new GBS Waffle/Sandwich Iron
In the kitchen:
- Melt the butter over low heat. Combine the flour, baking powder, baker’s ammonia, vanilla sugar and brown sugar in a bowl and beat gently with a hand mixer.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the milk, cream and finally the melted butter. Beat the batter until smooth.
At the barbecue:
- Prepare the grill for direct medium heat. Place the waffle and sandwich iron on the GBS cooking grate and let it heat up for 5-8 min.
- Melt some butter in the four areas on the waffle iron and distribute the butter to cover the entire iron.
- Close the iron and cook the waffle for 6-8 min. Flip the waffle and sandwich iron and continue cooking for approx. 6-8 min. or until the waffle is golden on both sides.
Tip: Place the waffles on a rack when don to keep theme crispy. The cream can be substituted with milk, if preferred.