- Cut pork belly into 1.5 inch cubes.
- In bowl I add your rub ingredients and mix well. In bowl add your barbecue sauce ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Apply your olive oil on your pork belly, then add apply your rub to your pork belly and let it rest for at least 30minutes to an hour.
- Soak your Mesquite Woods Chips in a drip pan filled with water for 15-30minutes.
- Set your grill for indirect heat and preheat to 130°C.
- Place your soaked wood chips into a smoke box if using a gas grill, and place smoke on direct heat. If using a charcoal grill, place wood chips directly on your charcoal briquettes.
- Place your pork belly on a rack and shield and set in grill at indirect heat. Leave in your grill for 2hrs or until internal temperature reaches 60°C internal.
- Once internal temperature reaches 60°C, remove from grill and place pork belly into a large drip pan, then add 200ml of your barbecue sauce, butter, and honey to the drip pan and wrap with aluminum foil.
- Place back into grill at indirect heat and grill till pork belly reaches internal temperature of 90°C.
- Remove from grill and place on rack and shield, and brush on barbecue sauce then place in grill at indirect heat once more. Grill till internal temperature 96°C or till tacky.
In the kitchen:
At the barbecue:
Let's Gear Up
Let's Gear Up
Mesquite Wood Chips¥ 1,090