This deliciously baked barbecued bread is the perfect appetiser for any meal!
In the kitchen:
- Combine the water, salt and yeast in a bowl. Add the durum flour and mix until the dough has a soft consistency.
- Add the Italian flour and mix for another couple of minutes (the dough should be pretty wet).
- Remove the cup from the poultry roaster and line the poultry roaster with baking parchment. Distribute the dough on the bottom of the poultry roaster and press sprigs of fresh rosemary and thyme down into the dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for 1 hour.
At the barbecue:
- Prepare the grill for indirect high heat.
- Drizzle olive oil over the bread, sprinkle with sea salt and bake for approx. 25 min. until golden and crispy.
Tip: Try adding (sun-dried) tomatoes and olive to the batter for variation.