Cook up this recipe on your barbecue for perfectly juicy, tasty prawns, every time!
In the kitchen:
- Rinse the prawns and blot dry. Carve the prawn lengthwise from the tail to the end of the head but without cutting through. Clean the head removing the inside of it.
- Grate the bread and crush the garlic and put it in a bowl. Add the lemon zest.
- Wash the parsley, chop it finely and mix it in.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Stir the mix.
- Using your hands, fill the head and back of the prawns with the mix. Gently force it to reach all cavities inside the head.
- Brush the fish basket with olive oil and place the prawns in it. Brush the prawns with oil too and then close the basket.
At the barbecue:
- Prepare the barbecue for direct heat – approx. 160 ºC.
- Place the fish basket on the hot barbecue. Grill the prawns for 6-8 minutes turning the basket only once. Make sure not to overcook them – they are ready when the flesh goes from translucent to white.