Terms and conditions of participation for the Weber® Grill Academy of Weber-Stephen Products (HK) Ltd.
1 General provisions
The grill courses offered under the brand name of the Weber® Grill Academy, where participants can acquaint themselves in the theory and practice of different methods for preparing food on charcoal, gas and electric barbecues are offered and conducted throughout Singapore by Weber-Stephen Products (HK) Ltd (hereinafter: “Weber”) as the responsible organizer. This means that the Weber is the Customer's point of contact. Any questions or comments the Customer may have must be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2 Scope of validity
(1) This agreement governs the legal relationships in regard to participation in the Weber Grill Courses between Weber, i.e. the organizer, and the individual participant (hereinafter: the "Participant").
(2) Weber offers different types of grill courses. For a detailed description of the respective course, please see the relevant course information on the website.
(3) You can view these terms and conditions of participation at the URL HERE, simply by clicking on " General terms and conditions” in the footer. Participants can also download and print these terms and conditions using the relevant function of their browser.
Participation/booking of Weber Grill Courses
(1) The right of participation is limited to: (i) registered adult participants and (ii) registered minor participants accompanied by a parent or guardian also registered as a participant. Minors under the age of sixteen may not participate or attend. Weber may grant upon request an exemption for babies and infants for compelling reasons.
(2) Weber allows you to book your course participation directly and with binding effect through the Weber website, which can be reached at the URL https://www.weber.com/SG/en/home/. The Weber Grill Courses described on the website are not binding offers of Weber, but are mere invitations to submit an offer. Participants who have found the item they want can place this item in the shopping basket without entering into any obligation by clicking on “shopping basket”. If a Participant wishes to register other participants for a Weber Grill Course, he must enter the names of the other participants. The Participant can view and edit the contents of the shopping basket at any time by clicking on the basket. If the Participant wants to proceed to a binding booking, he must click on “Go to Checkout”. To make a booking for a scheduled course, participants must create a user account. To do so, please enter your details. After entering the relevant details, Participants can proceed with the order process by clicking on “Create Weber ID”. Participants who have already created a user account can proceed by clicking on “Log In”. After the Participant has entered or confirmed the billing address and has selected the payment method, an overview of the order will be displayed. Here, Participants can check their selection and details once again. After accepting these terms and conditions of participation, Participants can complete the ordering process by clicking on “Buy Now” (Place binding order)]. The booking for a Weber Grill Course is a legally binding offer to conclude a contract for participation in the respective Weber Grill Course.
(3) Transactions will be processed in general on a first-come, first-served basis.
(4) Bookings will be accepted only if there is still a sufficient number of places available for the Weber Grill Course in question. Weber will send Participants a registration confirmation to that effect as well as an invoice; however, we expressly point out that the Weber Grill Course will only run if a minimum number of applications for participation are received (see section 5 - Requirements for holding the event). The registration confirmation is at the same time our acceptance of your booking; hence, a legally binding contract for participation in the respective Weber Grill Course is concluded upon receipt of the statement.
4 Course fee/Payment terms
(1) The course fees may vary depending on the type of Weber Grill Course concerned. For the course fee, please see the relevant course information on the website. All prices include 7% GST.
(2) The course fee does not include any other expenses on the part of Participants (e.g. costs for transportation, accommodation and meals at a hotel).
(3) The course fee may be paid by various methods: credit card or other payment methods indicated in the order. Weber reserves the right to exclude certain payment methods on a case-by-case basis. For more information about the various payment terms, please see "Payment Methods” on our website, at https://www.weber.com/SG/en/legal/payment-methods/weber-35604.html
(4) Participation in a Weber Grill Course is possible only after prior payment of the course fee.
(5) Any cancellations must be received to the following email address: email@example.com at the latest 7 days before the event. For bundled series packages, any cancellations of a maximum of one class of the purchased series may be given if cancelled at latest 7 days before the event.
(6) Transfers between different Weber Grill Courses are not permitted. If a Weber Grill Course is cancelled, the costs for the Weber Grill Course will be refunded, and Participants must book a new Grill Course through the Weber booking system.
(7) Refunds will be made within 14-30 days of the cancellation date.
5 Requirements for holding the event
(1) As a matter of principle, Weber Grill Courses take place only when at least 4 people have registered for the event. If less than 4 people have registered, Weber will decide if the event is to take place nevertheless. A different minimum number of participants may be indicated in the course description for a specific Weber Grill Course. If the minimum number of participants indicated in the course description differs from the above number, the number stated in the specific course description will prevail.
(2) If a Weber Grill Course is cancelled, Weber will refund any course fees already paid.
(3) If an ongoing Weber Grill Course ends prematurely for reasons within Weber's sphere of responsibility, a pro rata refund will be given.
(4) Weber and/or the owner of the premises where the course takes place reserve the right of admission. Descriptions and visuals for the Weber Grill Courses offered on the websites, in brochures, catalogues or other advertising materials do not constitute a pledge by Weber to Participants and do not form part of the contract.
(5) Participants are obligated to notify the Partner conducting the Weber Grill Academy at the latest five days before the start of the Weber Grill Course about any existing allergies, health impairments, illnesses etc. that will or may adversely affect the Participant and/or other participants of the Weber Grill Course.
(6) Weber reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient enrolment with a minimum 48 hours prior notice, and you may be asked to reschedule to another date.
(7) The maximum enrolment for each class is 12 people. With the current Safe Distancing Measures in place, we are limiting the maximum enrolment for each class to 8 people.
6 Changes in performance
(1) Any material changes regarding the conduct of the event and changes in location remain reserved; however, changes will be made only if necessary and if they do not substantially and adversely affect the overall design of the course and the expectations of the Participants of the Weber Grill Course.
(2) In the event of a material change to a Weber Grill Course, Participants are entitled to withdraw from the contract, provided they have not yet participated in full in the Weber Grill Course. Any course fees already paid will be refunded on a pro rata basis where appropriate.
7 Limitation of liability
(1) Unless otherwise stipulated below, Weber will be liable in accordance with the general statutory provisions. Unless the Parties expressly agree otherwise elsewhere, the following provisions shall apply to all claims for damages irrespective of the legal grounds.
(2) Weber does not exclude or limit in any way our liability to the Participants where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by Weber’s negligence or the negligence of Weber’s employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of the Participants legal rights in relation to the products including the right to receive products which are: as described and match information Weber provided to the Participant and any sample or model seen or examined by the Participant; of satisfactory quality; fit for any particular purpose made known to Weber; supplied with reasonable skill and care; and for defective products under the Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act of Singapore.
(3) Weber is responsible to the Participants for foreseeable loss and damage caused by Weber. If Weber fails to comply with these terms, Weber is responsible for the loss and damage the Participant suffers that is a foreseeable result of Weber breaking the contract or Weber failing to use reasonable care and skill, but Weber is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both Weber and the Participant knew it might happen.
(4) Weber is not liable for business losses. If the Participant uses the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose Weber will have no liability to the Participants for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Participants may send a substitute in their place to attend the course.
9 Postponement/Cancellation of Weber Grill Courses
(1) In exceptional circumstances beyond Weber's sphere of responsibility, Weber reserves the right to postpone or cancel a Weber Grill Course. This is especially the case in the event of a lack of participants, short-term cancellation of chefs due to illness or other human resources essential for the conduct of the Weber Grill Course, or due to force majeure.
(2) If the minimum number of participants is not achieved, the Weber Grill Course will be cancelled at least 48 hours before it is due to start.
(3) If the Weber Grill Course is postponed or cancelled, Participants are entitled to withdraw from the contract. Course fees already paid will be refunded in full.
10 Descriptions of the experiences / Illustrations
(1) The descriptions of the Weber Grill Courses on the Weber website are accurate at the time they are uploaded. However, the content of the offered Weber Grill Course may be subject to minor changes. The contact details of the Partner conducting the grill course are provided in the description of the respective Weber Grill Course.
(2) The times indicated for the duration of the respective Weber Grill Courses are mere indications of the scheduled time frame. Minor time variations in the duration of the respective Weber Grill Courses may therefore occur. Accordingly, the times indicated on the Weber website are non-binding and may vary.
11 Image and sound recordings
Participants are entitled to take photos during the Weber Grill Course and also to publish them for private purposes, provided that the people clearly visible in those photos expressly consented. It is strictly prohibited to make any film or sound recordings of any kind, unless Weber has granted an express exceptional authorization on a case-by-case basis, which may, however, be refused by Weber at its discretion.
12 Information on data processing
(1) While processing the contractual relationship, Weber collects the personal data of the Participants. In doing so, Weber complies with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore. The personal data of Participants will be collected, processed or used without the consent of the Participants only to the extent that this is necessary for the performance of the contract. When conducting a Weber Grill Course, it is generally necessary for Weber to collect, process and share individual personal data including with third parties, especially people used by Weber to perform their obligations.
(2) Personal data of Participants may be used for advertising, market research or opinion polls by Weber.
(3) Participants may enquire from Weber about their data saved by Weber.
The contract text is stored on our internal systems. You can peruse the terms and conditions of participation at any time on this page: https://www.weber.com/SG/en/grill-academy-terms-conditions/weber-281531.html. The order data and terms and conditions of participation will be sent to you by email. After completion of the order, your order data will no longer be accessible via the Internet for security reasons.
14 Place of performance / Place of jurisdiction / Miscellaneous
(1) Unless stipulated otherwise by law, the place of performance and the place of payment shall be the registered office of Weber.
(2) All disputes that arise in relation to This Agreement that cannot be solved through negotiations between the parties involved will submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore State Court or Singapore Supreme Court. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Singapore.
(3) If any of the provisions of the terms and conditions of participation are or become invalid, the validity of the remaining provisions remain unaffected.