For all you grilled chicken lovers out there just learning how to get your best BBQ on, here are some easy tips to help you get started!
What you need:
1-3 medium/large sized chicken breasts (depending on how many people you are serving). Any sort of simple marinade—Italian dressing, bbq sauce, olive oil & basil.
1. Preheat the grill on high for 10-15 minutes, then use your grill brush to scrape any previous remnants off your grates.
2. Marinate the fully thawed chicken breasts. A clean and easy way to marinate the chicken is to place it in a large plastic zip top bag, add your marinade and make sure your entire chicken breast is covered. In this particular instance, I used olive oil and added a few fresh basil leaves.
3. Once you have preheated your grill for 10-15 minutes, prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat at 425-450°F and get your iGrill probes inserted into the chicken.
4. Place marinated chicken breasts on grill over direct medium heat.
Marinated chicken breast on the grill
5. Grill for about 9-10 minutes. Flip the chicken breasts at the halfway point. I normally like to grill my chicken for about 10 minutes, flipping them at the halfway point in order to have beautiful sear marks on each side of the chicken.
6. Check the internal temperature of the chicken using a cooking thermometer or iGrill. Once the internal temp is 165°F, remove from grill and let cool.
7. Find the grilled chicken a buddy, like pasta or some veggies, and serve them up together with a cold brew or two for a delicious meal!