1 package (10 oz. size) frozen cooked spinach, thawed and drained
½ Cup Roasted red pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup orange juice
2 tbsp dill weed
1/3 cup 35% Cream
1. Preheat the grill to 400F using direct heat. In a bowl combine the spinach, red pepper and feta cheese and stir to incorporate. Add the salt and pepper.
2. Using your knife, gently make an incision at the thickest part of the chicken breast to form a pocket being careful not to poke the blade through the meat.
3. Using a small plastic lunch bag, place the spinach mixture into the bag and snip the corner off. This will create a piping bag for you to insert the mixture into the chicken. Lightly oil the chicken breasts and season with salt & pepper.
4. Place the chicken breasts onto the grill and sear for 4 minutes aside.
5. Roast at 400F until golden brown and the internal temperature is 165F.
6. Combine the citrus sauce ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and stir. Continue to simmer for 4-5 minutes to reduce by half. Drizzle sauce over the chicken breast and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Weber Way to Grill™ by Jamie Purviance
Grilled Chili Lime Shrimp Skewers
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Marinating Time: 15 minutes | Grilling Time: 3 to 5 minutes | Special Equipment: Bamboo Skewers soaked for 30 minutes in water
3 medium garlic cloves
2 tablespoons fresh ginger chopped
Lime zest (of 1 lime)
Lime juice (of 1 lime)
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
2 teaspoons chilli powder
1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
½ teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
16 Shrimp (21-25 size), peeled and deveined with tails left on
1. Soak the bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes
2. Preheat the grill for direct cooking over high heat at 400 – 425°F
3. Transfer all the ingredients with the exception of the chilli sauce to a metal bowl and whisk together, add the shrimp and toss to evenly coat. Set the marinating shrimp aside for at least 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and discard the marinade. Thread the shrimp onto the skewers. Brush the cooking grates clean. Place the skewers of shrimp over direct heat on the grill then baste with the Thai chilli sauce and grill for 3-4 minutes. Flip the skewers over and grill the other side for 3-4 minutes while basting the with more chilli sauce.
Remove the shrimp skewers, squeeze fresh lime juice over the shrimp and serve immediately
Recipe from Weber Canada’s Only Grill Academy
Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan and Lemon Zest
1. If using grated parmesan cheese, mix with the zest of 1 lemon
2. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (425° to 475°F)
3. Remove and discard the tough bottoms of each asparagus spear by bending it until it snaps at its’ natural point of tenderness.
4. Lightly oil the asparagus all over and season thoroughly with salt and pepper.
5. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the asparagus (perpendicular to the grate) over the direct heat with the lid closed for about 6-8 minutes, rolling the asparagus over every 2 minutes.
6. Once grilled remove to a serving platter and serve with a sprinkle of parmesan and lemon zest mixture and squeeze the juice of the lemon over top.
Recipe from Weber Canada’s Grill Academy
Croissant bread pudding
2 Cups Whole Milk
2 Cups Heavy Cream
8 large Eggs
2 Cups Granulated Sugar
2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
12 One day old Croissants cut into 1” cubes
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, *
1 tsp sea salt or to taste
1/2 cup half and half, or use equal parts heavy cream and milk
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the grill to 350° using indirect heat and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the milk, heavy cream, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon. Add the croissant cubes and mix until the croissants are fully coated in the cream mixture. Let it sit for 25-30 minutes, stirring about 15 minutes in.
3. Once the croissants have soaked pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes indirect, until the custard, is set and the croissants are starting to brown. While the bread pudding is baking prepare the caramel sauce.
4. In a medium saucepan combine the butter, brown sugar, salt, and cream. Whisk constantly over medium heat until the sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.
5. Allow the bread pudding to sit for at least 20 minutes before serving. Serve with warm caramel sauce.