Find out what’s new from Weber, including recipes, product information, personalized communications and so much more!
Fall is here, whether you are packing your grill away or getting ready for a great season of fall grilling, it is important to make sure that your grill is clean and ready to perform! Fall grill cleaning will be just like spring grill cleaning. Here are our tips.
Gas Grill Season to Season Cleaning Tips
1. When the grill is cool, brush or scrape off built-up carbon on the underside of the lid. Then, brush the cooking grates to remove leftover debris from your last grilling session.
2. Brush or scrape the Flavorizer Bars® and Heat Deflectors (if equipped) until they are free of debris.
3. Using a clean brush, clear the burner tube ports of rust and debris by brushing across them, not down the length of the burner. If ports are extruded, use care when brushing around the ignition electrode to avoid damage.
4. Use a scraper to chip away any built-up debris along the sides and bottom of the cookbox. Push all the debris into the slide-out grease tray.
5. Scrape any debris in the slide-out grease tray into the drip pan. Replace the drip pan after wiping out the catch pan.
6. Be sure to inspect all hoses for cracks or abrasions, and leak check all gas connections, including LP tanks, using a soapy water solution. To leak check, dab a mixture of dish soap and water on all connections. With the control knobs off, turn on the gas. If bubbles form, there is a leak.
DO NOT USE THE GRILL! Please call our customer service team for assistance: 800-446-1071.