Free Shipping on Parcel Orders Over $199 & Only $49 Shipping on Large Grills Learn More
- perforated grill pan
- 10-centimetre biscuit cutter
- Using a 10 centimetre biscuit cutter, cut four rounds from the pastry sheet, discarding the trimmings. Using a fork, prick each pastry round about twelve times to prevent the dough from rising too much in the oven. Following package directions, bake the pastry rounds on a baking sheet until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat on the stove, combine the sauce ingredients, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved and the butter is melted, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss the apple slices with the melted butter to coat well.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (180°C to 230°C) and preheat a perforated grill pan.
- Put the apple slices in a single layer in the grill pan and grill over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until they are well browned and tender, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once or twice. Transfer the apple slices to a bowl. Reheat the sauce over low heat, if necessary, and spoon some of the sauce over the apple slices, gently tossing to coat evenly.
- To assemble, place each pastry round on a dessert plate. Arrange the apple slices on top of the pastry rounds. Spoon the remaining sauce over the apples, allowing it to run down onto the plates. Sprinkle with a little coarse sea salt, if desired. Finish each with a tablespoon of crème fraîche or whipped cream.
Let's Gear Up
Let's Gear Up
Grill BrushC$ 19.99
Barbecue MittC$ 19.99
Apron - BlackC$ 29.99