Enjoy $88 off on all products for purchases more than $888 (Promo Code: CNY88). T&C’s Apply. Learn More.
Dinner - A Time To Disconnect & Reconnect
Chicago is finally starting to thaw, and the cabin fever experienced by many in the Midwest (and all over the country) is coming to a much-needed end.
Spring is here and it’s time to get outdoors and enjoy some new activities. That includes dinner outside, reconnecting with friends and relatives, impromptu get-togethers on the deck and competitive bags games that can go past dark. For our family, it started last Friday when the temperatures rose above 45 degrees.
We built a fire, grilled up some cheeseburgers and dined outside for the first time in 2014. Our neighbors thought we were a little ambitious, but we had a great time.
We try to eat dinner together as a family five nights a week.
There is something fun and adventurous when we leave the house and dine outside. But the overall spirit is the same, no matter where we are. I recently read about the Family Dinner Project, challenging families to “disconnect to reconnect.” I think it’s a great challenge for all of us this spring. And of course your Weber® grill makes dinner preparation fast, easy and tasty.
Here’s our Weber Dinner Challenge:
- For 30 days, aim for a minimum of three nights around the table together as a family.
- Bonus points if you fire up your Weber® grill. Check out these tasty recipes!
- No technology at the table, just good old fashion conversation.
- Play reconnecting games – here are a couple of our favorites:
- High & Low of the Day: Go around the table and have each person share their “high of the day” and their “low.” It’s amazing how you get a front row seat into your children’s lives. Their guard comes down and they share openly.
- Would You Rather: Share two equally interesting and obscure “would you rather” options for your children to select. For example, would you rather be invisible for a day or have the ability to fly? Once they explain why, you are guaranteed to either be amazed at their wit and creativity or laugh until your stomach hurts!
Life is crazy and technology keeps us connected and busy until we crash at the end of the day. Dinner is a great time to carve out 30 minutes for your family. The dinner table (whether it be in a traditional dining room, picnic table, or a blanket in the grass) is a great place to reconnect and create a sacred ground for three things: family, conversation and some tasty food.
Have some fun with it and let us know how you do with the Weber Dinner Challenge! #myweber