Enjoy Free Delivery on orders over $99+ Shipping & Returns Information(learn more)
- Soak two handfuls of Weber Firespice mesquite wood chips in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix together all of the spice paste ingredients. Using a sharp knife, cut deep cuts into the leg of lamb and rub the spice mix all over and into the deep cuts.
- Set up your barbecue for indirect cooking over medium heat (190°C to 230°C). If using a gas barbecue, set up your barbecue with a smoker box(es). Please refer to your smoker box handbook for further instructions. If using a charcoal barbecue, add half of the wood chips (drained) to the charcoal.
- To estimate the cooking time, measure the leg of lamb through its thickest part and cook for 1 minute per millimetre for medium doneness. For example if the roast is 90mm thick, cook for 90 minutes.
- Once smoke appears, place your lamb onto the barbecue and roast over indirect medium heat for the required cooking time. If using a charcoal barbecue, 30 minutes into the cooking time, add the remaining wood chips to the charcoal.Once smoke appears, place your lamb onto the barbecue and roast over medium heat for the required cooking time. If using a charcoal barbecue, 30 minutes into the cooking time, add the remaining wood chips to the charcoal.
- Once your lamb has cooked, remove from the barbecue and leave to rest for 15 minutes before carving. Slice the lamb and serve with cucumber raita and naan bread.
Recipe tips:Cutting deep cuts into the lamb for the marinade will ensure that the flavours penetrate the meat.Mesquite wood chips pair perfectly with lamb.
Red Meat Doneness Temperatures:Rare: 49°CMedium Rare: 54°CMedium: 60°CMedium Well: 66°CWell Done: 68°C
What do you need?
What do you need?
Mesquite Wood ChipsNZ$16.95
Q Smoker Box SetNZ$65.95