🏷️ Genesis II Range - PRICED TO CLEAR! Shop Now - | Free Delivery on orders over $99+ (learn more)
- Combine all of the chermoula paste ingredients. Stuff the paste under the skin of the chicken breasts and legs. Spread the remaining chermoula paste over the skin. Refrigerate while the barbecue is preheating.
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect cooking over medium heat (180° to 230°C).
- If using a Weber kettle: As per the Weber Red Gum Charcoal instructions, build a pyramid of charcoal (equivalent to two to three charcoal baskets) on the charcoal grate with three firelighters underneath. Light the firelighters and wait 10 to 15 minutes. Using tongs and wearing heatproof gloves, spread the charcoal evenly across one-half of the charcoal grate. Place the cooking grill on the barbecue.
- Place the chicken on the cooking grill, skin side up, over the indirect zone. Place the lid on and roast the chicken over indirect medium heat until the internal temperature reaches approximately 64°C, 50 minutes to 1 hour.Place the chicken on the cooking grill, skin side up, over the indirect zone. Place the lid on and roast the chicken over medium heat until the internal temperature reaches approximately 64°C, 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix together all of the coriander yoghurt ingredients.
- Once the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 64°C, flip the chicken so the skin side is down and over the direct zone (above the charcoal). Using the back of your tongs, gently press down on the chicken to ensure good contact with the grill. Sear the chicken over direct heat until caramelised to your liking, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the barbecue and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Carve and enjoy with the coriander yoghurt.
What do you need?
What do you need?