- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Trim the stem of each artichoke, leaving about 2.5 centimeters attached. Snap off the dark outer leaves until you expose the light green, yellowish leaves underneath. If the remaining leaves are thorny, snip off their ends with scissors.
- Place a steaming rack in a large saucepan and add water up to the base of the rack. Bring the water to a boil and put in the artichokes, upside down. Cover the saucepan and steam the artichokes until tender, 20 to 25 minutes (check occasionally, and add more water if necessary). To test for doneness, insert a knife into the artichoke base; it should slide in and out easily, without resistance.
- As soon as the artichokes are done, transfer them to a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain well and place on a plate with the stem ends up and let cool completely.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (180° to 230°C).Prepare the grill for cooking over medium heat (200°C).
- Cut the artichokes in half lengthwise, through the stem. Using a teaspoon, scrape the purplish leaves and fuzzy choke out of each one. Brush the artichokes all over with the oil and season evenly with the tarragon and salt.
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the artichokes over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until warm and lightly charred, 4 to 6 minutes, turning once or twice. Remove from the grill and serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled, with the garlic mayonnaise.Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the artichokes over medium heat, with the lid closed, until warm and lightly charred, 4 to 6 minutes, turning once or twice. Remove from the grill and serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled, with the garlic mayonnaise.
Let's Gear Up
Let's Gear Up
Barbecue Mitt₹ 1.595,00