Free Shipping on Parcel Orders Over $199 & Only $49 Shipping on Large Grills Learn More
- metal or bamboo skewers; rubber or plastic gloves
- To avoid burning your skin, wear rubber or plastic gloves when you handle the chile. After handling the chile, do not touch your face or any other part of your body as that might cause a burning sensation. Remove and discard the stem of the chile, then cut away and discard the hot whitish veins and seeds. Put the rest of the chile in the bowl of a food processor. Add the remaining paste ingredients and process until smooth. Wash your hands thoroughly after this step.
- Trim the chicken of any fat and remove the tenders. Cut the chicken lengthwise into even strips, 1 to 2 centimetres thick.
- Place the chicken strips and tenders into a large, resealable plastic bag and spoon in the paste. Work the paste into the chicken, press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk the sauce ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Let the sauce stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (230°C to 290°C).
- Wearing rubber or plastic gloves, thread the chicken strips onto the skewers, being sure to keep each skewer well within the flesh of the chicken. Wash your hands thoroughly after this step.
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the skewers over direct high heat, with the lid closed, until the meat is firm and the juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once or twice. Serve warm with the sauce.Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the skewers over high heat, with the lid closed, until the meat is firm and the juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once or twice. Serve warm with the sauce.
Let's Gear Up
Let's Gear Up
Grill BrushC$ 19.99
Barbecue MittC$ 19.99
Apron - BlackC$ 29.99