CELEBRATE CANADA 150 CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES (“Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. Eligibility: The Celebrate Canada 150 contest (the "Contest") is open to legal residents of Canada who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry, and who have an internet connection, Facebook account and/or Instagram account. Members of the jury, employees of Weber-Stephen Canada Co. (“Weber”), and its parents, subsidiaries and agents, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor and Administrator: Weber-Stephen Canada Co., 1 Roybridge Gate, Vaughan, Ontario, L4H 4E6. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Weber, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Whether an entrant's entry is selected as a winner is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on April 4, 2017, at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST"), ends on July 1, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. EST (the "Contest Period"); Weber’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter:
Instagram: During the Contest Period, (1) visit Weber’s Instagram page at www.instagram.com/webergrillsca and post a photo of your favourite grilled meal or dish that speaks to your background and (2) submit your entry by posting the photo, using the hashtag #CelebrateCanada150 and #Contest, and tagging Webergrillsca in the post.
Facebook: During the Contest Period, (1) visit Weber’s Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/webergrillsca, where you will find a post asking the entrant to post a photo of their favourite grilled meal or dish that speaks to their background, which may be posted multiple times throughout the Contest Period (the “Prompt”) and (2) submit your entry by either posting an answer to the Prompt in the related comments of that Facebook Post or posting on Weber’s timeline with your entry, using the hashtag #CelebrateCanada150 and #Contest and tagging Webergrillsca in the post.
Entry via either of the above methods is a “Submission”. These are the only methods for submitting an entry. All Submissions will be displayed on the Weber’s respective social media pages, but Weber reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove any Submission which it determines does not comply with these Contest Rules or for any other reason it deems sufficient. In addition to the General Conditions listed in Section 11, Weber, in its sole discretion, may terminate the Contest at any time during the Contest Period, but prior to the selection of a winner. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Facebook account. Proof of submission of an answer is not proof of receipt by Weber. All Submissions become the exclusive property of Weber, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Entrant acknowledges that although Weber may encourage “sharing” of the relevant Facebook post and/or link, entrant is not obligated to do so in order to enter the Contest.
Entrants will be allowed unlimited Submissions during the contest Period, provided that only accessories prizes may be won multiple times by an entrant, and an entrant cannot win multiple Weber® grill and Canada Beef prize packs. Proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by Weber. Entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant’s Submission. Entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Weber arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity. Weber reserves the right to edit, within its discretion, any Submission it selects as a winner, or that it otherwise displays on its website and/or social media pages.
6. Content: The Submission must not contain material that violates, misappropriates, or infringes upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights;
The Submission must not disparage any person or entity;
The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, and/or defamatory;
The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
7. Selection of the Winner and Prizes: The Contest will be administered and the number of winners described below will be chosen by a panel of judges designated by Weber on the basis of the creativity, originality and general interest of the Submission as determined by the judges in their sole discretion. The selection of each winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Weber will select the winners in accordance with the schedule below, at Weber’s headquarters:l (date) at (time) at (place) (at the address specified above). Odds of winning a Contest prize depend on the number of eligible Submissions received during the Contest Period. The prizes will be delivered by Weber (and the Canada Beef Prizes will be delivered by Canada Beef) to each winner (Monday-Friday between 8:00AM and 5:00 PM EST) at the address in Canada indicated in his or her response accepting such prize within six (6) weeks of acceptance of such prize.
April 28, on or around 12:00 PM EST (including all Submissions received up to April 22 at noon EST): ten second (10) runners up will receive one (1) iGrill® Mini wireless thermometer (ARV $79.99 each); forty (40) runners up will receive one (1) Weber® stainless steel grill basket (ARV $14.99 each); one (1) winner will receive: (i) a Weber® Genesis® II E-210™ LP gas grill (ARV $749.00) and (ii) a Canada Beef prize pack, consisting of one (1) Canada Beef prize pack consisting of one (1) apron, one (i) cutting board, one (1) freezer pack, one (1) thermal lunch bag, one (1) basting brush and one (1) recipe booklet. (ARV: $50.00 each prize pack).
May 31, on or around 12:00 PM EST (including all Submissions received up to May 25 at noon EST): fifty (50) runners up will receive one (1) Weber® instant read thermometer (ARV $15.99 each); one (1) winner will receive: (i) a Weber® Genesis® II E-310™ LP gas grill (ARV $949.00) and (ii) a Canada Beef prize pack, consisting of one (1) Canada Beef prize pack consisting of one (1) apron, one (i) cutting board, one (1) freezer pack, one (1) thermal lunch bag, one (1) basting brush and one (1) recipe booklet. (ARV: $50.00 each prize pack).
June 26, on or around 12:00 PM EST (including all Submissions received up to June 24 at noon EST): fifty (50) runners up will receive one (1) Weber burger press (ARV $16.99 each); and one (1) winner will receive: (i) a Weber® Genesis® II E-410™ LP gas grill (ARV $1,299.00) and (ii) a Canada Beef prize pack, consisting of one (1) Canada Beef prize pack consisting of one (1) apron, one (i) cutting board, one (1) freezer pack, one (1) thermal lunch bag, one (1) basting brush and one (1) recipe booklet. (ARV: $50.00 each prize pack).
July 14, on or around 12:00 PM EST (including all Submissions received up to July 1 at 11:59 p.m. EST): one (1) grand prize winner will receive one 1) Genesis® II E-610™ LP gas grill (ARV $1,699.00); and one (1) Canada Beef prize pack consisting of one (1) apron, one (i) cutting board, one (1) freezer pack, one (1) thermal lunch bag, one (1) basting brush and one (1) recipe booklet. (ARV: $50.00 each prize pack).
8. Winner Requirements: Weber will notify the winner of each prize by responding to the respective winning Submission, and requesting the potential winner send Weber a private message; Weber will request that each winner confirm his or her acceptance of the prize and his or her name, address, email address and telephone number. If no response is received within 3 days, Weber will attempt to choose a different winner using the criteria described in Section 7. Or, in the alternative, Weber may choose to award the prize in a random drawing from among all eligible Submissions received, in accordance with applicable law, including requiring the answering of a skill testing question. [? Procedure for awarding to another]The name and address (city, province) of the winner will be announced on the Weber Facebook page. The winner agrees by submitting his/her Submission to accept the prize for his or her personal use, will not attempt to sale, transfer for profit any part of the prize package.
9. Publicity and License: Acceptance of a prize shall constitute and signify the winner's agreement and consent that Weber may use the prize winner’s name, address (city, province), likeness, and/or prize information for contextual purposes worldwide, including the internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s waiver of any right or interest in the Submission or any photographs, interviews or other publicity materials resulting from the Contest, and the prize winner irrevocably transfers any right, title or interest in such publicity materials to Weber for its unlimited use in any medium. By posting a Submission, entrant grants to Weber (and Weber’s licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and assigns) a fully paid-up, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, sub-licensable, assignable, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, and otherwise exploit the Submission in all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in any way Weber sees fit including, but not limited to, entertainment, instruction/education, promotional, advertising and/or marketing purposes for an unlimited amount of time with no compensation. In connection with all rights granted herein, Weber (and Weber’s licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and assigns) shall also have the irrevocable right to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed. If necessary, entrant will sign any necessary documentation that may be required for Weber or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, virus or other technical problem, Weber may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize in a random drawing from among all eligible Submissions received up to the time of the impairment, in accordance with applicable law, including requiring the answering of a multi-part mathematical skill testing question. Weber reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Weber reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Weber's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event a prize is not available, Weber may in its sole discretion substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value. Otherwise, winner may not substitute the prize for any other prize, including its cash value. Winners of prizes will be solely responsible for any tax liability associated with acceptance of any prize.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Facebook, Instagram, Weber and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective agents and agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing or typographical errors pertaining to any Submission; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Submissions; (e) any Contest disruptions, losses, injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt of the prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. If for any reason an entrant's Submission is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another Contest Submission; provided that if it is not possible to award another Submission for any reason, Weber, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible Submissions received up to the date of discontinuance for any prize offered herein. No more than the stated prize will be awarded.
12. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Courts of Quebec, district of Montreal, and the parties hereto irrevocably submit in any such suit, action or proceeding to the jurisdiction of said courts and waive any and all objection to such jurisdiction that they may have and any right to challenge the convenience of Quebec as an appropriate forum. (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Weber in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the province of Quebec and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the province of Quebec. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest in Québec may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux ( the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
WEBER, GENESIS AND IGRILL are registered trademarks of Weber-Stephen Products LLC. All rights reserved.