🏷️ Genesis II Range - PRICED TO CLEAR! Shop Now - | Free Delivery on orders over $99+ (learn more)
When you take the effort to smoke a lamb shoulder all day long, it should be given some special attention when it comes time to plate up, and this Middle-Eastern inspired dish certainly elevates the humble lamb shoulder. Lebanese bread is grilled until perfection, topped with smokey tender pulled lamb, dolloped with a generous portion of tangy creamed feta, then bejewelled with pomegranate seeds, toasted pinenuts and fresh mint!
- Preheat smoker for indirect cooking over low heat (135C / 275F)
- Trim lamb of any excess hard fats
- Using a brush, paint lamb with
- Liberally coat the lamb with the Fire and Thyme lamb rub
- Once smoker is up to temperature, place lamb on cooking grill in the indirect smoking zone, and close the lid.- The lamb will take around 9 hours to cook through to an internal pulling temperature of 93C.- Every 45-60 minutes, lightly spray the lamb with water, being careful not to disturb the coating.- If you are short on time, after 5 hours, wrap the lamb tightly in tin foil and continuing cooking, this will reduce the cook time by 2-3 hours.
- Remove the lamb and cover in tin foil.(if you have not done so already) and rest for 30-60 minutes.
- After resting, pull the meat apart using either your hands (with gloves) or if preferred forks/ bear claws.
- Place feta, cream cheese, yogurt/sour cream in to food processor, mixer, bullet, thermomix or similar, and blitz until well combined.
- Add oil and lemon and juice, and blitz at short intervals until well combined, thick and creamy.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toast Lebanese bread on the grill, turning regularly until warm, lightly browned and slightly crisply.
- Spread toasted bread with a generous layer of creamy whipped feta, and pile with pulled lamb.
- Scatter with sweet pomegranate seeds and scatter with fresh, chopped mint.
- Fold, and enjoy!
Method Whipped Feta
What do you need?
What do you need?
SmokeFire EX4 GBS (2nd Gen) Wood Fired Pellet BarbecueNZ$2,799.00
SmokeFire EX6 GBS (2nd Gen) Wood Fired Pellet BarbecueNZ$3,299.00