- In a small bowl whisk the dressing ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the cucumber and apple. Add 90 milliliters of the dressing and toss to coat. Season with a generous pinch of salt and more pepper, if desired. Cover and refrigerate while grilling the salmon. Chill the remaining dressing separately and reserve for spreading on the bread slices.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (180° to 230°C) on one side of the grill and direct cooking over high heat (230° to 290°C) on the other side.
- Brush the salmon fillets with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season evenly with ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Brush the onion slices with ½ tablespoon of the oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Brush both sides of the bread slices with the remaining 3 tablespoons oil.
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the salmon over direct high heat, with the lid closed, until you can lift the fillets off the cooking grates without sticking, 6 to 8 minutes. Turn the fillets over and continue cooking until just opaque in the center or to your desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes for medium rare. At the same time, grill the onion slices over direct medium heat until tender and light grill marks appear, 5 to 6 minutes, turning once or twice. During the last minute of grilling time, toast the bread slices over direct medium heat, turning once. Remove the salmon, onion, and bread from the grill.
- If the salmon still has skin attached, remove it. Spread the reserved slaw dressing on one side of each bread slice, dividing it equally. Build the sandwiches with onion slices, a salmon fillet, and some of the slaw. Serve with the remaining slaw on the side.
Let's Gear Up
Let's Gear Up
Barbecue Mitt₹ 1.595,00