- 4 metal or bamboo skewers
- In a medium skillet over medium heat on the stove, warm the oil. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until softened, about 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add the remaining vinaigrette ingredients and mix well. If desired, to fully incorporate the flavors, let the vinaigrette sit at room temperature for 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (180° to 230°C).Prepare the grill for cooking over medium heat (200°C).
- In a medium bowl toss the lamb cubes with the crushed peppercorns. Wrap each bacon strip around one or two cubes of eggplant. Skewer the kabobs by alternating cubes of pepper-crusted lamb, eggplant with bacon, and tomatillos. Lightly brush the kabobs with oil.
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the kabobs over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until the bacon is fully cooked and the lamb is medium rare, about 8 minutes, turning three or four times. Remove the kabobs from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes.Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the kabobs over medium heat, with the lid closed, until the bacon is fully cooked and the lamb is medium rare, about 8 minutes, turning three or four times. Remove the kabobs from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Warm the vinaigrette over low heat on the stove. Place the kabobs on a platter, drizzle with the vinaigrette, and serve with rice pilaf, if desired.
Let's Gear Up
Let's Gear Up
Premium Tongs₹ 1.695,00
Barbecue Mitt₹ 1.595,00