- Set your barbecue up for roasting (in-direct method) at a high heat.
- Place the butter and olive oil into a frying pan and place on a medium heat. Saut. the shallots and chestnut mushrooms for 10 minutes, until tender.
- Drain the porcini mushrooms, finely chop and add to the frying pan. Cook for a further 5 minutes and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the parsley and sun dried tomatoes.
- Sear the steak for 30 seconds on each side. Remove from the barbecue and allow to cool.
- Roll out the pastry to approximately 2 x 25cm squares. Reserve the pastry trimmings for decoration. Place the steaks in the middle of the pastry squares and top with the mushroom mixture.
- Take all four corners of pastry to meet in the center and pinch together to make a seal. Pinch down each side closing the pastry as neatly as you can.
- Brush with egg wash and decorate with the pastry trimmings shaped into hearts.
- Add to a Weber. Style Grill Pan, lined with parchment. Place onto the barbecue and bake (in-direct method) for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is cooked through and golden.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes and serve with a vine of barbecue roasted tomatoes, watercress salad and a crisp glass of champagne.
Let's Gear Up
Let's Gear Up
Barbecue Mitt₹ 1.595,00