- butcher's twine
- instant-read thermometer
- In a medium bowl whisk the marinade ingredients.
- Remove and discard the wing tips, giblets and any excess fat from the chicken. Place the chicken in a large, resealable plastic bag, and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal it tightly. Turn the bag several times to coat the chicken evenly with the marinade. Place the bag in a bowl and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Prepare the grill for indirect cooking over high heat (230° to 290°C).
- Remove the chicken from the bag and discard the marinade. Truss the chicken with butcher's twine. Following the grill’s instructions, secure the chicken in the middle of the rotisserie spit, put the spit in place, and turn on the rotisserie. Let the chicken rotate over indirect high heat, with the lid closed, until the juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 70º to 74ºC in the thickest part of the thigh (not touching the bone), 1 to 1¼ hours. Check the chicken after 30 minutes; if the skin is browning too quickly, reduce the heat to medium (180° to 230°C).
- When the chicken is fully cooked, turn off the rotisserie and, wearing insulated barbecue mitts, remove the spit from the grill. Slide the chicken from the spit onto a cutting board, being careful not to splatter yourself with the hot juices. Let the chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes (the internal temperature will rise a few degrees during this time). Cut into serving pieces and serve warm.
Let's Gear Up
Let's Gear Up
Instant-Read Thermometer₹ 1.945,00
Barbecue Mitt₹ 1.595,00