The Ultimate Bacon Mushroom Burger
There are so many fun and creatives ways to make burgers on your grill including doing a different spin on stuffed burgers. Below I have a recipe for a stuffed burger where the ingredients are mixed in with the ground beef but there are some variations to this that you can experiment with next time you grill. You really cannot go wrong!
1. I like making two smaller patties and put the bacon/mushroom blend between both patties, this ensures every bite of the burger is fantastic.
2. Put the mushroom/bacon blend on top of the cooked burger patty and cover with cheese slice one minute before removing from the grill.
I worked with our friends from To-Jo Mushrooms on this recipe, check out the recipe on Youtube here.
Mushroom and Bacon Blended Burger
8oz Pack To-Jo Sliced Whites
1lb Ground Beef
6 Slices Bacon, Diced
1 TSP Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to season
Your Favorite Toppings
1. Prepare grill for direct grilling. Preheat grill on high for 10-15 minutes.
2. Wash mushrooms. Add olive oil, salt and pepper. Chop mushrooms to be the same size as the diced bacon.
3. Sauté diced bacon on side burner or stovetop over low/med heat for 20-30 minutes. Remove bacon but leave grease.
4. Sauté mushrooms in bacon grease for 7-10 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms, bacon, garlic, salt and pepper to ground beef. Mix until well blended.
6. Using a burger press, form ground beef into 2 half pound burger patties or 4 even quarter pound patties.
7. Grill burgers over direct, medium heat for 9-11 minutes, flipping halfway through.
8. With 1 minute left, add the cheese.
9. Remove from the grill, add your favorite toppings and enjoy!