Official Weber Website
So simple but oh so good! Now wherever you go, you too can have the power of grilling your own nachos. Perfect for entertaining to tailgates… nachos never get tired…especially when they’re grilled.
Utilize your veggie baskets as cooking and serving vessels for your nachos then stack away with your favorite ingredients and cheese… and get grilling! Check out the recipe below or click on over to the video to see this recipe in action.
Cheesy Nachos with Grilled Steak
Special Equipment: 1 Weber Grill Stainless Steel Grill Basket
1 bag of tri colored tortilla chips
1 cup shredded marble cheese (or any melting cheese)
8oz flank steak grilled and thinly sliced
2 green onions thinly sliced
2 tablespoons hot pepper rings or pickled jalapeno rings (optional)
4 tablespoons sour cream
8 tablespoons salsa
4 tablespoons guacamole
1. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium/high heat (as close to 450°F as possible).
2. Spread a layer of tortilla chips on the bottom of the Weber grill basket to cover the bottom. Sprinkle half the shredded cheese over top the layer of nachos in the basket. Spread half of the slices of grilled flank steak on top of the cheese. Spread 2 tablespoons of salsa over the nachos. Add a second layer of nachos. Spread the remaining cheese and flank steak over the second layer of nachos. Add 2 tablespoons of salsa around the top of the nachos
3. Reduce the grill to medium/low once the nachos are ready to be placed on the grill and place the Weber grill basket on to the grill and close the lid. Set a timer for 10 minutes.
4. After 10 minutes check to see if the cheese has melted to the desired point. If not, rotate the basket and set the timer for another 5 minutes.
5. Once done, remove from the grill and top the nachos with the thinly sliced green onion and the hot pepper or jalapeno rings (optional).
6. Serve this snack in the Weber grill basket accompanied with the sour cream, guacamole and remaining salsa. ENJOY!