- fish basket
- In a large bowl whisk the marinade ingredients. Transfer 80 milliliters of the marinade to a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate for serving later with the cooked trout. Place the trout in the large bowl and press gently to submerge them as much as possible. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours. While the trout marinates, prepare the salad.
- In a medium bowl combine the salad ingredients. In a small bowl whisk the dressing ingredients. Add the dressing to the vegetables and toss to coat. Let the salad stand at room temperature for at least 20 minutes and up to 45 minutes to allow the vegetables to soften slightly. If desired, sprinkle the sesame seeds over the salad just before serving.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (180° to 230°C) on one side of the grill and direct high heat ( 230° to 290°C) on the other side.
- In a large bowl combine the mushrooms with the sesame oil, ¼ teaspoon of the salt, and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper.
- Brush a grill basket lightly with oil. Lift the trout from the marinade (with some marinade still clinging) and arrange in the fish basket flesh side up and side by side. Season the trout with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Close and secure the grill basket. (If your fish basket is not large enough to hold all four trout at the same time, you will need to do this step in two batches.)
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the trout over direct high heat, with the lid closed, until the flesh is just opaque in the center, 4 to 6 minutes, turning the basket once or twice. At the same time, grill the mushrooms over direct medium heat until tender and browned, 3 to 5 minutes, turning once. Remove from the grill as they are done. Cut any large mushrooms in half. (If you need to grill the trout in two batches, consider grilling the mushrooms with the second batch of trout.)
- Carefully open the grill basket and gently remove the trout. Place one trout on each of four plates and drizzle with the reserved marinade. Serve with the mushrooms and the salad.
Let's Gear Up
Let's Gear Up