- instant-read thermometer
- In a medium bowl combine the apple juice concentrate, vinegar, and honey. A tablespoon at a time, whisk in the oil to make an emulsified dressing. Season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¾ teaspoon pepper. Transfer 80 milliliters of the dressing to a small bowl and reserve for the salad.
- Place the tenderloins a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the remaining dressing. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the dressing, place in a large bowl, and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, prepare the walnuts.
- In a medium skillet combine the brown sugar and vinegar. Bring to simmer over medium heat on the stove, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Add the walnuts and cook until the nuts are completely coated with the sugar mixture and there is no sugar mixture left in the skillet, 2 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Transfer the nuts to a plate and let cool completely. (The nuts can be prepared in advance and kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.)
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (180° to 230°C).Prepare the grill for cooking over medium heat (200°C).
- Remove the tenderloins from the bag and reserve the dressing. Season the tenderloins evenly with 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and the thyme. Pour the dressing from the bag into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat on the stove. Boil for one full minute. Remove from the heat and set aside for brushing over the grilled tenderloins.
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the tenderloins over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until the outside is evenly seared and the internal temperature reaches 63°C, 20 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Brush the tenderloins evenly with the boiled dressing.Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the tenderloins over medium heat, with the lid closed, until the outside is evenly seared and the internal temperature reaches 63°C, 20 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Brush the tenderloins evenly with the boiled dressing.
- In large bowl toss the frisée, apple, cranberries, and candied walnuts. Add the reserved dressing and toss to coat.
- Cut the tenderloins crosswise into 12-millimeter slices. Divide the slices among four plates and arrange the salad alongside. Serve immediately.
Let's Gear Up
Let's Gear Up